.. and I still don't have enough time to blog because these few days is just so.... happening. (Gahhh Singlish.)
So today, I went to school early in the morning like any other awesom, hardworking, rule abiding kid, thinking there would be morning assembly and I could gladly get my attendance marked, unlike all the others who ponned or came late. But guess what, unlike awesome classmate Fangni, I didn't check the NEA website and didn't know it was raining heavily in the morning in school. So I went to school early, and there was morning assembly. Anyway, it's almost mindblowing to think about how fast time
passes flies. Like wow, it's already the last day of term two! Only half the year is left!
Last day of school with the girls! (PS. Mr Lai walked past afterwards and stared at us taking selfies. #AWKWARD. )
In the afternoon, I went to karaoke at teo heng with Zining and Fangni. It was really funny how I was super flustered at home, just to make an extra effort to go on time (and ended up reached far too early) because I was afraid Zining would scream at me for being late, but guess what, she ended up being the one who was late. And out of all the songs, we realised Fangni only listens to One Direction and Taylor Swift LOL. It was the first time I went karaoking with these people but it was an incredibly fun experience (:
Next, I rushed over for dinner with the Bordeaux peeps + my french classmates at eighteen chefs. The queue was super long (haha okay, not that I was the one who queued) but it was really worth it. We had a "students privilege" which was a pasta or baked rice and ice lemon tea (the brewed kind, not the pokka kind :D) and a small scoop of (chocolate) icecream for around 7 - after all the extra charges!! I got a creamy mango pasta with mushrooms; my friends didn't really appreciate the mushrooms but I really really liked it! I found that the creamy sauce was really thick and cheesy (yayyyyyy), not to mention how the mangoes gave the pasta sauce a really special taste: sweeter but not overwhelmingly so. There were even mango bits inside woohoo /o/ \o\ /o/ It was so filling, I gave my ice cream to zara (thankk youuu). Then we're off to rockout!
(Credits: Team Raffles facebook page)
8PM, SCAPE Ground Theatre
Heyy we weren't late! We were actually pretty early! We managed to get a pretty good spot in the center, near the front of the mosh pit, though we eventually got pushed to the side. Okay, maybe just a few of them and I. Some of the others got pushed to the back lolol, which reminds me how I tried to save loner Sam and bring him to the front. Guess what, I went all the way to the back to help him get to the front, but he still got stuck halfway when I got all the way back to the front (fail much). Anyway, I really liked the set, there were fairy lights with additonal props like a "CAUTION" sign, making it look really good when the blue/white(?) lights came on. :D The performances were really awesome, partially because I saw the set list beforehand and I sort of knew which songs were they singing. The Year 5s came on first, and although I don't really know them, they sang really well! However, the whole concert really reached a climax towards the end as the songs they sang became more mainstream and everyone could sing along. (Not too mention about how high people from our school can naturally get over anything awesome.) The whole Y6 batch did some acoustics together followed by Possum Parade, which finished their performance with Pompeii. (Awesome!~~) Oh yah, and The Possum Parade had a flowery theme for their outfit and Kay Yang wore a fitting flowery blouse, hahahah he's officially our flower boy now. Then the Army of None came up and played really awesome and more mainstream songs. They were the only ones who sang a Fall Out Boy song! Oh well, Clara and her strong, awesome vocals... T_T so good. The Year 6 batch then tied up the concert with Welcome to the Black Parade, which was unexpected because it wasn't included in the set list. (But who doesn't know that song?!?!) C'ÉTAIT A VERY SUPER DUPER AWESOME ENDING. (I would seriously like to bold and italicize it but I figured it would be really, overly obnoxious lololol) If I had to use some form of emoticon to sum up, the concert would just be /o/ /o/ \o\ /o/ \o\ /o/ \o\ /o/ /o/ /o/ /o/ /o/ /o/ /o/ /o/ /o/ /o/ /o/ /o/ /o/ /o/ /o/ /o/ /o/ /o/ /o/ /o/ /o/ /o/ /o/ /o/ /o/ /o/ ... if you get what I mean hahahaha.

the... frenchies.
F6.20! (though Celeste is once again missing in action)
Anyway, here's the set list for yesterday (I edited some stuff, but credits to the Team Raffles facebook page!):
[The Misfit March] Melissa Wahid Arielle Biqing Jinhong
1. Royals/Seven Nation Army - Lorde/The White Stripes
2. The Kill (Bury Me) - 30 Seconds to Mars
3. I'm Not Okay - My Chemical Romance
[Debonair]
Mark
Charlene
Ruijun
Sun Yi
Da Eun
1. Arabella - Arctic Monkeys
2. Creep - Radiohead
3. Hysteria - Muse
[Year 6 Batch] (I think - lets wait for Raffles Press' article or something to confirm hahaha sorry)
1. /Acoustics/ Safe and Sound - Taylor Swift + The Civil Wars
2. /Acoustics/ Waiting on the World to Change - John Mayer
3. Welcome to the Black Parade - My Chemical Romance
[The Possum Parade]
Rachel
Ryan
Victoria
Kayyang
Gordon
1. /Acoustics/ Stay/Stay With Me - Rihanna/Sam Smith
2. Paris (Ooh La La) - Grace Potter & The Nocturnals
3. Ignorance - Paramore
4. Ain't It Fun - Paramore
5. Can't Stand The Rain - The Rescues
6. Pompeii - Bastille
[Army of None]
Jonathan
Shu Hui
Clara
Merrick
Safa
1. My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light 'Em Up) - Fall Out Boy
2. Human - The Killers
3. All These Things I've Done - The Killers
4. Famous Last Words - My Chemical Romance
5. Knights of Cydonia - Muse
Okay so here's going to be the more emotional ending to this post where I write about my own thoughts and takeaways, so if you're not me, you might not want to read to avoid wanting to bash me up in the end for my incoherent, illogical, naive (basically screwed up) thoughts. So, a reason why I really loved the rock concert was because of the songs they sang. I went to look at the song lyrics beforehand and rock being rock, had meaningful lyrics that I could really relate to. To be able to be a part of the
crazy mob crowd of people and singing/saying those feelings out was a cathartic experience. So... I'm going to pick out some lyrics, and maybe write something if I manage to find the right words.
"I'm not okay, You wear me out" Yeah, I'm not very okay but well it's not that bad most times. Saying those three words was like acknowledging to the whole world how I dislike the feeling of watching everybody just walk by/go by/slip by my life no matter how hard I try sometimes. Ugh.
" 'cause I want it now, I want it now, Give me your heart and your soul, And I'm breaking out, I'm breaking out, Last chance to lose control" Just some awesome lyrics.
"(Round and around and around and around we go. Oh now, tell me now, tell me now, tell me now you know.) Not really sure how to feel about it. Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you.
It takes me all the way.
I want you to stay." ... Yeah pretty much the same as the first but particularly for a group of people who I really love.
"I remember tears streaming down your face
When I said, I'll never let you go
When all those shadows almost killed your light
I remember you said, don't leave me here alone
But all that's dead and gone has passed tonight
Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound" Can't comment on this one, somewhat quite really </3 personally but the chorus added an adequate dose of optimism that things are going to be alright in the end I guess. /shrug.
"But if you close your eyes, Does it almost feel like Nothing changed at all?" When pompeii came on, I just closed my eyes and stood there for a few moments, just listening to everyone. And its true, at rockout last year, I was waiting expectantly at a certain someone to turn up but he never did; while he turned up this year, he's so near yet so far (sorry this sounds lamely cliché somehow). Nothing's changed and that feeling sucks but I think I'll just have to keep living with it. I really wish this wasn't the case, I don't even going back to the past, but really, I want to move on. I just want a best friend?
"How am I gonna be an optimist about this?" Sigh.
"Are we human or are we dancer?" Don't think I've got to write about this one?
"I am not afraid to keep on living,
I am not afraid to walk this world alone." ...Because every fairytale needs a happy ending and so does my life. I guess it's a reminder as well as a committment (?) to myself to stay strong no matter how difficult things are. I may fall down, feel terrible, tear myself into a million pieces (figuratively) but no matter what, I want to and possibly need to continue living my life as best as I can manage.
The concert ended with Welcome to the Black Parade. This time round it wasn't the lyrics that particularly struck me, but the significance of this song to me. It was my primary school song and I have a ton of memories attached to it and I guess it was heartbreakingly sweet? Like, it made me think of all the things I've worked for since young, how I've changed and how small and shriveled up I've ironically become after all this time. Sigh, that still sounds a little off, I really don't know how to convey my thoughts on this last song but I guess it was a really apt ending to this awesome rock concert, which would coincidentally probably be my last Raffles concert as a student at Raffles. It's pretty heartwarming to think of it that way I guess, that all along, I've been a part of something greater, something bigger, like how it just takes another unknown pair of hands to keep the person crowd surfing going, to prevent him from falling, and how it doesn't matter if you know the song, all you have to do is to let yourself go and join the crowd. (':
Wow that was long.