
CHEONGYILEI
Me, I don't eat (most of) my veggies. I enjoy air-conditioners on humid mornings, ice-creams on cold evenings and sleeping on rainy nights. I'm a dreamer and a kpop lover. I like dark red roses and bright yellow sunflowers, but I hate artificial flowers. I like travelling and daydreaming a lot better than annotating literature texts though I like libraries, bookstores and thick a4-sized notebooks. I think its fun to scribble stuff - words, quotes, pictures, symbols - in my notebooks. I have a tendency of writing notes on foolscap and losing them ): Oh, I think I want to dye my hair red when I grow up. And and and, I think its pretty fun writing this.
Δ Wonder wonder
08 May 2014, 20:24
Sometimes I wonder why I want to go overseas to study so badly. I've heard the reasons for which many others choose to go overseas; couses offered, perceived quality of education, prestige, herd mentality (ie "because my friend is there and I want to be with my friend"), the want to escape the local weather, they're all valid in certain ways.
I was just thinig about why am I so attracted to this idea too, not to mention the personal emphasis on finding a school that locals don't usually apply to. Definitely, the type and quality of education and opportunities are crucial in my personal decision, but it just occured to me that I might just be looking for an avenue to abandon everything in search for a new start. A time that I can be alone and forget the troubles I have here back at home. Sure, the life abroad may not be as rosy as I picture it to be right now, but I guess I'm just hoping that it would be better than whatever's happening in my life right now. Perhaps its just because its a pretty tiring period in my life right now, not that I know when it will end but I'm just taking a step at a time. I guess I'll eventually grow and make the best decision I can when the time comes.
Que sera sera.