
CHEONGYILEI
Me, I don't eat (most of) my veggies. I enjoy air-conditioners on humid mornings, ice-creams on cold evenings and sleeping on rainy nights. I'm a dreamer and a kpop lover. I like dark red roses and bright yellow sunflowers, but I hate artificial flowers. I like travelling and daydreaming a lot better than annotating literature texts though I like libraries, bookstores and thick a4-sized notebooks. I think its fun to scribble stuff - words, quotes, pictures, symbols - in my notebooks. I have a tendency of writing notes on foolscap and losing them ): Oh, I think I want to dye my hair red when I grow up. And and and, I think its pretty fun writing this.
Δ RI-Maurick Water Conferencce 2014
13 June 2014, 23:48
Water conference student committee 2014!
Michelle and I (centre, back row) were actually doing a back to back amazing race pose lololol
(Credits: Water Conference 2014 Facebook Page )
Getting judged by the bust of Sir Stamford Raffles
The water conference officially ended tonight, although I was only involved in the opening ceremony on monday and the symposium on wednesday. It was a really fun experience from working with the fellow ushers, chatting with the vvips and interacting with the conference participants. I remember enthusiastically signing up for the "events and cultural night committee" to find out that it was actually just an ushers and logistics committee.
(Like, meh.) But it turned out to be an amazing decision despite what it seems. I decided to sign up as a vip usher. So, you get to look smart (or not, I've got friends who say otherwise ); ) and talk to the really amazing vvips (ambassadors, professors, industry leaders, keynote speakers... wow) and make friends!Minyi, Mengyue and I were ushering for both the monday and wednesday event, so we grew pretty close resting backstage, rushing for leftover desserts and well, complaining about hurting feet. I also got the chance to talk to the overseas participants during breaks or when they reported early for the events. (: I think it was a smart choice for me to have taken up a less heavy role too I guess, now that I have more time to do my revision. Yayyy fun (: