Today was... crappy.
Well, I got back my GP, Biology and Chemistry preliminary exam results and as much as I want days like today to be a good day, they never are... and that's starting to worry me more than a little. For all you kaypohs curious ones, here's a little report card (okay, I admit, it's more of an after exam post mortem for myself):
I did well for my GP essay but did horribly at paper 2. I failed - and if that sounds pretty normal for JC life already, then it's noteworthy that my paper 2 has always been the one saving my GP/English in the past 11 years or more of my education, so yupps ): really don't know what went wrong, but still thankful for my paper 1 which saved my grade.
As for Biology... I'm still stuck at a D, but hey I improved (on a slightly more positive note). I was really really close to upping a grade but I still have plenty of room for improvement, particularly for these 2 areas: (1) Time management - my friend was actually shocked when she heard that I didn't have enough time, so something must be really really wrong with my speed (2) Essays - I really need to learn how to memorise and regurgitate! I can't believe it, I actually memorised the essay that came out but I still did terribly due to missing keywords, so I essentially have half the point for everything, which doesn't give me any marks. Ughh.
Chemistry? A complete disaster. I expected to do badly but when I saw the results, I was completely taken aback, not expecting myself to do so badly for my paper 3 and paper 1 too. So I'm officially back to the days where my chemistry grades are consistently ridiculously low.
So... yes, today was pretty much terrible, not like anybody knew. Yeah, the idiot in me cried (again), which got then got me feeling super tired with a runny nose. So when I couldn't put up with my own cui-ness, I decided to go off and guess what? I met a kind soul. (: By that time, I was already feeling quite ok emotionally but the runny nose was really taking a toll on me, not to mention that I ran out of tissue papers, so I was perpetually sniffing every few seconds. "Sniff sniff" (ok it's much less graceful than it sounds in writing here where I sound like a puppy sniffing for things in the ground) So when I was packing my things, I met a friend. An acquaintance really, we met through a friend at some university talk but I've never ever spoken to him. Thing is, he came up to me, thinking I was crying (at that point), and asked me if I was ok! Initially I was wondering why he was so weird, I mean, do I seriously look that un-okay? Then I realised, he thought I was crying hahaha. Such a small act of kindness but I think it went a long way? It's touching that someone who's just short of being a stranger would bother to stop and make the effort to ask if I was ok.
Thank you kind soul, I appreciate it (: