
CHEONGYILEI
Me, I don't eat (most of) my veggies. I enjoy air-conditioners on humid mornings, ice-creams on cold evenings and sleeping on rainy nights. I'm a dreamer and a kpop lover. I like dark red roses and bright yellow sunflowers, but I hate artificial flowers. I like travelling and daydreaming a lot better than annotating literature texts though I like libraries, bookstores and thick a4-sized notebooks. I think its fun to scribble stuff - words, quotes, pictures, symbols - in my notebooks. I have a tendency of writing notes on foolscap and losing them ): Oh, I think I want to dye my hair red when I grow up. And and and, I think its pretty fun writing this.
Δ Heartless City
20 December 2014, 23:21
“The world is like a mirror. If you spit and curse at it, the world will curse and spit back at you. If you laugh, I’m sure the world will follow and laugh with you, too.”
- Jung Shi Hyun
Yes, I'm back to watching kdrama. Heh, I initially planned to go out for the christmas markerts but I got hooked onto this drama - must have been too busy last year to have not watched it. Zzz then again, someone should knock me out for engaging in such unproductive tasks for prolonged periods. Anyway, major thumbs-up for myself since I managed to finished the whole drama of 20 episodes in one day (though my mum will definitely think otherwise).
This rather dark and badass movie mainly addresses the issue of corruption and the grey areas between right and wrong. For the most part of the movie, the atmosphere is uptight and tense (or maybe it's just because I'm watching the whole drama in one go) but the best part about this thriller dramais the way in which the romance portion is handled. There isn't an overdose of romance yet love still stands out strongly as one of the main secondary themes. As it speaks of betrayal and mistrust, the drama also included elements of faith and friendship. (Am I even making sense?) Anyway, I'm having mixed feelings about the ending because it was really well orchestrated (I really hate it when superb dramas end with endings that simply make you go 뭐?!/WHUT. --") but on second thought, nooooo I want a happy ending!!! As for the cinematography, it was pretty awesome anyway, I would have screenshot quite a number of scenes if I was in a screenshot craze hehe.
My favourite scene? This. This is my favourite scene hands down.
Look. At. How. He. Wears. His. Blazer.
*During a fight.*
I mean hey, I need to master how to wear a jacket with that much swag too. Oh, should that be coupled with this kind of walk (below), the effect would be lethal. (Meep, so much action in black and white. Even this post has become dark and badass now (:<< )
Parksa Adeul. (Doctor's Son)
Oh, here's a fangirl moment to lighten up the ambiance. (: Did I mention the number of close up scenes they have on their hands for the romance between Shi Hyun and Soo Min? I think I have a thing for hands-scenes. O(≧▽≦)O Gosh, that was one great drama.
"Didn’t you say I shouldn’t come in from the side? It’s wide open now. It’s open. It’s open. Totally open. Your side is completely open! I thought you shouldn’t leave your side open. It’s open still.”
- Yoon Soo Min