
CHEONGYILEI
Me, I don't eat (most of) my veggies. I enjoy air-conditioners on humid mornings, ice-creams on cold evenings and sleeping on rainy nights. I'm a dreamer and a kpop lover. I like dark red roses and bright yellow sunflowers, but I hate artificial flowers. I like travelling and daydreaming a lot better than annotating literature texts though I like libraries, bookstores and thick a4-sized notebooks. I think its fun to scribble stuff - words, quotes, pictures, symbols - in my notebooks. I have a tendency of writing notes on foolscap and losing them ): Oh, I think I want to dye my hair red when I grow up. And and and, I think its pretty fun writing this.
Δ Productive me-time!
05 December 2014, 23:47
Today was a complete dress down me-time in tee-shirt and shorts. (Fat legs ftw) After droping by in school to settle some administration issues (which I realised I could have just ignored), I went to the new library@orchard. It looks really pretty but I was quite disappointed at the book collection. To be fair, the library boasts a great collection of architecture books but for some other areas of design, the collection is not as awesome as I imagined it to be. And, it looks great on instagram but the ladder design of the bookshelves ain't as cool as you think it is when you have to climb just to browse some books. (But ikr, it looks so pretty when coupled with the wavy shelves!! ): ) I really liked the magazine shelf though; there is an individual drawer for each magazine and each drawer is indicated wih a magazine cover, so it's really pretty on one look.
Then I went on a 2 hour hunt for food. I didn't really feel like eating today and wanted to start doing up my US applications, so I really wanted some light food and a nice ambiance to work. To my disappointment, half the stuff nearby were fast food or those ridiculously expensive restaurants or just packed with people. Admittedly, I did a bit of shopping meanwhile. There is this new shop that only sells Japanese products, ie really awesome products that are not within my means. I wanted to invest in pens (since they were not overly overly overpriced) but the calligraphy pen I saw was leaky and around $7!!! There was this other alcohol marker that was around $5 t_t It does gradients really really really well but if I buy them in a collection, my pocket would have a really huge hole. /: Just as I was about to give up on my search for food, this cafe at the far corner of Orchard Central caught my eye. It's called J&D I think! It was not crazily crowded and there were people who were hanging out and working inside (aka camping is accepted) and the food actuallly appealed to me. I mean, chocolate banana twist? Ohmygoodness, I'm drooling. There was even this peach and brie sandwich that I eventually decided against sighpies. Cafe latte was ok - I was expecting some latte art but it came in that... abstract art so wellllll... (Speaking of which, I really should stop drinking latte and drink something with more coffee content D; ) But ok the decor totally bought me over - how biased my review are hehe. But I really liked how it was a bench on a platform, not to mention that I met a friendly stranger so it's like experience points times a million.

Coffee Latte & Chocolate Banana Twist! (: