It hadn't struck me how long haven't I written until a minute ago when I found a seat on the bus and started looking for the Blogger app. (I sent my phone for servicing and almost everything got wiped out, remember? )
And wow. So much has happened within the past weeks - I mean, can you believe it, it's already February - , so fasten your seat belts and try not to fall asleep reading my recount.
I had my brown interview and it's a little crazy how I found my internship with my interviewer. The interview itself was just ohkay in my opinion, nothing too wow nor did my interviewer fall asleep. Probably still not good enough to make it to brown but well, que sera sera.
Sushi cake!
Made a card for our beloved birthday girl!
Tadaaaa!Birthday girl.
Then on Monday (26 Jan), Zining, Ruo Yi and I went out for lunch for a belated birthday celebration for Ruoyi at Sushi Express at 313. Frankly? The sushi wasn't impressive but it was really fun watching the sushi go round and round past us and choosing the one with the largest and thickest piece of sashimi hahaha #cheapo but hey, this is a simple pleasure of life (:
Then the busy weekends came about where different groups of friends all frantically cramped outings so that we could see the guys with hair one last time for a pretty long time.
Happy com.sci kids. (:
So there was BBQ with CCA on Saturday evening where we went to Aranda Country Club. The guys were retarded as usua, they couldn't stop playing with their nerf guns they won at hackathon, except like Dennis maybe because we form the bedrock of stability. All hail the Alliance of Bedrock of Stability aka ABS hahahaha. (; It was great that the girls (Yan Kay, Yen Ling, Hui Jun and Xin Wei) could make it too so we had some substantial number of girl representatives for once hehe. Ranald even brought his girlfriend along! (They are like a pair of walking evidence which proves that people grow to look like each other when they like each other) Oh cards against humanity is hilarious. Haven't heard of it? You're missing out. Big time. Oh yeah, and the guys bought Jack Daniels and Somersby and Breeze. I stayed away from the hard liquor but drank a bottle of Somersby and guess what, I was suffering from the asian flush for the whole night. (I even had to get BB cream to cover up before going home, just in case) The rest still insisted on me taking a photo together despite looking like a roasted sausage - and ughhhh photos went online even though I told them not to (which teaches me that I should not drink when with these people z).

(A small part of) 14S03Q!
(credits: Nicholas)
Then Sunday was even crazier. First, there was kayaking with a handful of my classmates (Zining, Melvin, Nicholas, Jonathan and Ying Yao) at the water centre at Sports Hub ; we planned to kayak at 3 but some other group got in front of us and we had till wait till 4.30pm. By the time we were fully briefed, it was already 5. But the awesome thing is that they actually start counting the 2 hours from the time you start paddling. Since they closed at 7, we were the last group.
Zining and I!
The guys all took singles while Zining and I shared an open double. It was a pity that we could only paddle within a certain area which was quite small but a really enjoyable experience, accompanied by a breathtaking city view.
Fantabulous city view!
When the sun started to set, the scenery was even better. Sadly, I didn't manage to take photos during the kayaking though we managed to get random kind-hearted passerbys to take photos and send it to us. Oh did I mention that the view is spectacular too when you lean back and look at everything upside down from a 180 degree different angle?
Things to do before I go kayaking again: get a one star certification so that I can go beyond the boundaries. Get a water proof camera with strap so that I can go taking photos!
(The majority of) F6.20!
~ Paint me like one of your french girls ~
Tableau of french class girls showing what "bimbo" means to them
After the kayaking, I went for BBQ with frenchies @stradidarius' place (aka at Darius' place. I never fail to be impressed by the turn up rate rate. It is always better than that for 3Q class outing /: I was fashionably late (or maybe worse) and only reached at 8. This BBQ was so much more successful that the one with the com science guys. At least I didn't have to put up with half charred but undercooked chicken franks. (Dont ask me how they achieved it) maybe it's because it's the experienced BBQ guy (aka Si Hong) along with other highly capable females (aka Ting Ting, Li Lin, Niki etc) who did it this time round.We also tried to dunk Kay Yang into the pool though it was a futile attempt. We also took photos and talked about all kinds of things including Ting Ting's boyfriend haha. Like always, there was alcohol - to be exact, vodka and somersby. So the guys were downing vodka and I'm not sure how they made it home. As I was going home early, I didn't drink. #GoodGirl n_n I learnt my lesson ok.
Then there was my internship! It was a pretty great first day where I met my colleagues. First thing that happened in the morning was pretty embarrassing because I was late and I couldn't get access into the inno centre because no one was going in. So I made a wonderful decision to call Vinesh, my boss, about it and guess what this uncle came along half way during the call and tapped in. -__- It was quite a bit of admin work but I guess I was exposed to some indices that I've never heard of in my entire life. It suddenly felt like I had zero - or maybe negative - financial literacy. I really appreciated how Vinesh came in later in the day and even made the effort to talk to me about what I wanted to learn during my internship. Yay, looking forward to my internship days!!