
CHEONGYILEI
Me, I don't eat (most of) my veggies. I enjoy air-conditioners on humid mornings, ice-creams on cold evenings and sleeping on rainy nights. I'm a dreamer and a kpop lover. I like dark red roses and bright yellow sunflowers, but I hate artificial flowers. I like travelling and daydreaming a lot better than annotating literature texts though I like libraries, bookstores and thick a4-sized notebooks. I think its fun to scribble stuff - words, quotes, pictures, symbols - in my notebooks. I have a tendency of writing notes on foolscap and losing them ): Oh, I think I want to dye my hair red when I grow up. And and and, I think its pretty fun writing this.
Δ Could I have lived my life differently?
23 March 2015, 09:55
"Could I have lived my life differently? ... Maybe yes, but probably not. At each stage I made what was then the best choice. Having taken that decision, I changed direction and there was no turning back."
- Mr Lee Kuan Yew
As the author from mothership.com puts it, love him or hate him, when the man speaks, you sit up and listen. The passing of this great man, filled with his own mix of ideas, principles and visions, signifies a loss for the nation.
As we take the day to remember Mr Lee, I thought it would also be a good time to reflect upon his words and our lives. I heard the quote over the raidio this morning and it spoke to me (although I still love his other quotes as much, for example "If you can't think because you can't chew, try a banana." 🍌 on the ban of chewing gums hahahaha). As I write my essays on achievements, failures, so on and so forth, I realised that I had sometimes been overly caught up in the wrong decisions. I regret and regret but I sometimes forget to make something out of that regret. Perhaps I am not as successful as Mr Lee is - I did not always make the best choice, but his quote served as a stark reminder. There is no turning back - that's definitely something for me to learn, stop grumbling and go full steam ahead, wherever it might be that I will head.
(But then again. "You know the Singaporean. He is a hard-working, industrious, rugged individual. Or we would not have made the grade. But let us also recognise that he is a champion grumbler." Teehee. #singaporean)
Oh PS I got into Occidental! (((((: But scholarships... ... ...