
CHEONGYILEI
Me, I don't eat (most of) my veggies. I enjoy air-conditioners on humid mornings, ice-creams on cold evenings and sleeping on rainy nights. I'm a dreamer and a kpop lover. I like dark red roses and bright yellow sunflowers, but I hate artificial flowers. I like travelling and daydreaming a lot better than annotating literature texts though I like libraries, bookstores and thick a4-sized notebooks. I think its fun to scribble stuff - words, quotes, pictures, symbols - in my notebooks. I have a tendency of writing notes on foolscap and losing them ): Oh, I think I want to dye my hair red when I grow up. And and and, I think its pretty fun writing this.
Δ More than just A levels
03 March 2015, 22:22
So yes A level results were released yesterday and my results were really unexpected. On the bright side, I bagged a grand total of 6 As out of the 7 subjects offered. On the not-so-bright side, I got a C in GP. There goes my perfect UAS score.
When I first saw my result slip, I thought to myself "What. This is such a bad joke." I simply couldn't bring myself to believe that I had improved so much for subjects like chemistry and biology where I was constantly a member of remedial class and yet I did so badly for a subject I put so much effort in.
But after all that drama, I am immensely grateful for my results. My results would put me in a good postition to apply for so many university courses. Even though I had thought I couldn't apply for law because of my GP results, but then I found out that SAT Critical Reading scores could be used. So that means I pretty much qualify for everything except Engineering!
In retrospect, A levels are only that important. It is just one milestone. What matters more about it is the process, the hardwork that everyone put in to achieve their dreams. I just want to end this post off with a quote by Tracee Ellis Ross that I saw on instagram which my friend's friend wrote for him and which aptly summerises this entaglement of different emotions in me at the thought of my A level experience, "
I am learning everyday to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."