It's 12 april already, and guess what, the long overdue birthday post is nowhere near done. LOL. It's a hectic few weeks for me because of orientation and exams and 2D and it's only going to get worse because of orientationnnn. So well, let's start with 29 march. Tuesday. And guess what, programmes meeting YAYYY. In fact, my schedule for that week was absolutely crazy, at some points in time, there were three ongoing events. I have no idea how I eventually came to split myself into three but I went through the long day anyway. And at midnight, I had already started having my 2d project meeting while the rest of programmes are tying up some loose ends. And yes, the clock strikes and my programmes people start getting a little nuts. Suddenly the light goes off and I was still like 'hey the screen colours come off so much better without the lights'. Then out of nowhere comes almost my entire programmes team with a cake and a birthday song. Even those who were done and went back already came back for the celebration (': And my crazy team of people photoshopped me with song joongki (no haters pls don't blame me) as my birthday card hahaha. One of the nightwalk peeps/classmate, Clement, even 3D printed a best boss award for me which is pretty awesome. Highlight of the event was probably how they discovered my inability to blow out candles properly. It typically takes me some 4 to 5 blows to extinguish the candles and they kept relighting them just for the fun of it. But really really thankful for this bunch of people for putting so much effort into it. In fact, there was a systems world test the day after on 31 march so my birthday was pretty much attached to systems world revision and math and I didn't really have time to spend with my family or other close friends. So yes, a major thank you goes out to
roomie Peipei for initiating all this craziness,
the rest of my dearest programmes team Adeline, Aqilah, Clement, Arshi, Debbie, Elizabeth, Jia Cheng, Joo Ern, Jun Kai, Marvin, Rachel, Russ, Shi Yun, Zayar, half-progs person Michael,
dearest friends Cheryl, Dennis and Sam who remembered my existence
and last but not least, my family <3
So how did I celebrate my birthday with my family? I bought a cake from this baker (who happens to be an acquaintance of Ad's!). Unfortunately the buttercream frosting melted but thankfully, awesome yilei comes to the rescue and transforms it into a messy cake, complete with toblerone and kinder buenos. I have to say that the cake itself was really really really good though. It was a chocolate speculoos cake; the speculoos taste wasn't as strong as I'd like (presumeably cause of the buttercream?) but the cake was dense and pretty much decadent. Absolutely loved it hehe.
And there's HOLI on 31st which is just crazy spam of colour. Other than that? More colours haha.
And what's been happening during all the time that I have been too busy to post? 2D. Omg horrors of the eBot, I swear. The digital world component of the 2D project required us to programme the eBot such that it would find its way in a simplified maze and send stuff from one station to another; so us being a wonderfully capable group, came up with this amazingly complex system which will almost counter all kinds of problems the tutors could possibly come up with. But guess what, all of these worked perfectly on the computer simulator but hey bro, reality's a bit**. Something that is walking to the left on the simulator could be turning to the right and so yes, that part was crazily messed up. Nonetheless I think we've done a superb job already given the kind of effort that was put in. The other components of the project was quite manageable I guess, since my group had people who are talented in diverse aspects. On the overall, it was an amazing time working with this group and I really liked that I had the opportunity to work with people I haven't worked with before. But it was backbreaking and tiring nonetheless !!! <- note the exclaimation marks!!!
The end of 2D also marks the start of week 12, which is really really really scary considering that the term only has 14 weeks. That implies that my
precious youth freshmore year is almost over. Horrors.