
CHEONGYILEI
Me, I don't eat (most of) my veggies. I enjoy air-conditioners on humid mornings, ice-creams on cold evenings and sleeping on rainy nights. I'm a dreamer and a kpop lover. I like dark red roses and bright yellow sunflowers, but I hate artificial flowers. I like travelling and daydreaming a lot better than annotating literature texts though I like libraries, bookstores and thick a4-sized notebooks. I think its fun to scribble stuff - words, quotes, pictures, symbols - in my notebooks. I have a tendency of writing notes on foolscap and losing them ): Oh, I think I want to dye my hair red when I grow up. And and and, I think its pretty fun writing this.
Δ it's over
17 December 2017, 11:01
Term six hell is finally over.
Perhaps it wasn't that terrible until the last day. I don't think I've ever took the comments from crit so badly, and maybe because the worse comments came from my tutor and not the rest of the crit panel. The crit panel was questioning me on choices I've made on a conceptual level and hell, these were questions that my tutor and I have had differing opinions on since day one. Perhaps it was my fault to have simply gone her way but I wasn't able to give a good response. Some desperate part in me hoped that my tutor would stand up and defend me but nope, she just watched on, after which she looked at my poster and gave me a "no go" look and shake of head. During the exit talks, she admitted that she purposely did not stand up for me and claimed that I didnt manage it in the end because I was lazy. She also criticised what I didn't do - something that I never thought about in the past.
Well maybe there's some truth in there (I'm not hardworking, I'm just bloody slow and I should have noticed it) but I think the way she revealed it at the end of the term really stung. Sigh, more points for self reflection for the terms to come. (Also, there goes my A )
So I guess I'm really thankful I got it over and done with and even more thankful to have friends who noticed my shitty mood and sent sustenance and help when possible; also grateful to have met new people. While the new term is definitely going to be problematic (read: my capstone is so screwed up you cannot hit more rock bottom than this), I hope I find the strength to continue nonetheless.